OurBigBook CLI is the executable program called
ourbigbook which comes when you install
npm install ourbigbook. It is the main command line utility of the OurBigBook Project.
Its functionality will also be exposed on GUI editor support such as Visual Studio Code to make things nicer for non-technical users.
The main functionalities of the executable are to:
- convert OurBigBook Markup files to HTML files or other formatsThe HTML files can then be either viewd from your filesystem on a browser, or uploaded and hosted very cheaply or for free so that others can see it, e.g. on GitHub Pages.
- publish your content, either to OurBigBook Web or as a static website
Or if you are a programmer: OurBigBook CLI is a Static Wiki generator that can be invoked from the command line with the
OurBigBook CLI is how cirosantilli.com is published.
OurBigBook Web takes as input the exact same format of OurBigBook Markup files used by OurBigBook CLI. TODO support/improve import/export to/from OurBigBook Web, see also:
The OurBigBook CLI calls the OurBigBook Library to convert each input file.
.bigb file to HTML and output the HTML to a file with the same basename without extension, e.g.:
README.bigb are automatically converted to
index.html so that they will show on both GitHub READMEs and at the website's base address:
.bigb files in a directory to HTML files, e.g.
The HTML output files are placed right next to each corresponding
The output file can be selected explicitly with:
Output to stdout instead of saving it to a file:
ourbigbook --stdout README.bigb
In order to resolve cross file references, this actually does two passes:
- first an ID extraction pass, which parses all inputs and dumps their IDs to the ID database
- then a second render pass, which uses the IDs in the ID database
- Arbitrary code execution
- Built-in LaTeX macros
- Demo data local file output
- External link
- Inline user-defined LaTeX macros
- Local development server
- OurBigBook Project
- OurBigBook Library environemnt variable
- OurBigBook Markup
- OurBigBook Web directory structure
- OurBigBook Web dynamic article tree
- OurBigBook Web restrictions compared to CLI
- Quick start
- Subdirectory deployment