How to get there: create a website that incentivizes learners (notably university students taking courses) to write freely licensed university-level natural science books in their own words for free. Their motivation for doing that are:
- getting their knowledge globally recognized and thus better jobs
- improving the world
- learning by teaching
Notable features include:
- OurBigBook.com: reference OurBigBook Web instance
- donate to the OurBigBook Project: donate
- twitter.com/OurBigBook: announcements. Other official accounts at: Section 12.14.1. "Official accounts"
- cirosantilli.com/ourbigbook-com: further rationale behind the project
- cirosantilli.com: showcase static demo document with interesting content, published with OurBigBook CLI. Primary inspiration for OurBigBook development.
- cirosantilli.com/oxford-nanopore-river-bacteria: a self-contained tutorial style part of the above. Note how internal links integrate seamlessly into the more global topic of biology, e.g. when talking about DNA we link to the global topic cirosantilli.com/dna.
- github.com/cirosantilli/cirosantilli.github.io and github.com/cirosantilli/cirosantilli.github.io/blob/dev/oxford-nanopore-river-bacteria.bigb: source of the above showcase documents
- Section 3.2. "Design goals": OurBigBook Markup and OurBigBook CLI feature overview
- github.com/ourbigbook/ourbigbook: OurBigBook source code
- github.com/ourbigbook/ourbigbook/issues: project issue tracker
- github.com/ourbigbook/ourbigbook/blob/master/README.bigb: source for this document
- docs.ourbigbook.com: rendered version of this document
- docs.ourbigbook.com/editor: live in-browser editor demo
- github.com/ourbigbook/template: good template to get started with OurBigBook CLI, see Section 5.1. "OurBigBook CLI quick start"
- cirosantilli.com/ourbigbook-media: media for the project such as for documentation and publicity, more info: Section 12.12. "OurBigBook media repository"